viernes, 30 de enero de 2015

About Myths and Modernity.

About Myths and Modernity.

Does God Exists? Does Science is accurate? Stories are stories? Is history a line? Let me explain, I have a funny feeling, feeling that I bring from Trujillo. Leaving aside rationalizations, as can be the best career opportunities in provinces of Peru in the crisis of the 90s, or the feeling of social cohesion in the region La Libertad, my desire to migrate to Trujillo was mainly to go find my roots, to understand tales from my father Adam Quiñones Ezeta  and the ideology  he had. I was letting fly my imagination to go outlining a strategy of coordination with the Pan American Health Organization, given the project on Peste for the province of Ascope, they call the valley, and given workshops and Mesa Multisectoral and presentation of TB  protocol for Persons Deprived of their Liberty in the Penal El Milagro de Trujillo. I had doubts and fears about the effectiveness and image, for activities our Institute for Health and Human Rights could not keep track, and that bolted INITIATIVES by the state and civil society ... important initiatives for the institutions,  because of transparency, accountability, responsiveness and answerability . It was in these troubles when my  daughter Angie Quiñones Saldana showed me pictures that had sent his brother Pedro E. Quinones, photos including  my father's sisters, my aunts, all dead , and pictures of my father and mine in my graduation as a doctor at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia - Official UPCH. I got up at 4 am as usual each day, which I bring from my parents, custom share in the field and rural societies , and  came to mind tales from my father from  1930, also tales of the Ashaninka community Sonomoro in the district of Pango, heard in the 1980, and stories, always at the same time,  that I told Doris Saldana my wifw, when she was  pregnant of my  my daughter, stories that included a flashlight to stimulate my daughter in the womb, soft music and murmurs,  it was not only magical but also  included the dawn. So this associations  gave way from fears to new memories, like the tales of my uncles Fausto Talledo Peña de Sechura, and were focusing with more stories, including my uncle Tulio Quiñones Ezeta respect of Peru Corporation and Campa rebellion in Central Selva  in turn of the century, and their interest to invest in San Ramon and La Merced Chanchamayo, and his friendship with Brack Egg family. And  also other stories with my uncles Otto Zuazo Villagarcia, Superior Court and in particular with Jorge Tizon a farmer and public functionary .And here  there began the divine,, the myths and legends of Apra, Trujillo, Chanchamayo  Satipo, the Campas, the Peru Corporation, and it was LINKEDIN where  I have met the nephew of Jorge Tizon, which bears the same name, who works in Observational Studies of the National Institute of Health, and linked me with the National Directorate of ethnic  affairs,and  is that the descendant of Jorge Tizon was born  in the province of Satipo and has blood relationship with Central Ashaninka leaders form  Ene River in  Pangoa. And science comes by  because in my rural internship with Dr. Manuel Quimper, now in the National Health Superintendence, then director Area Hospital 51 Central Selva, arrange for my rotation by the district Pichanki, Chanchamayo and I  took the rural Hospital as a base  for an evaluation of the network of health promoters, and travel the district villages and used canoes, and the Dr Quimper had a proposal from a computer network in native communities,. And with Jaime Calmet,  researcher at the Center for Investigation and Promotion Amazonica, return to the area this time in Sonomoro district, Satipo, to conduct a survey of epidemiological surveillance in Leishmaniasis. And in these times I extensively review  the Institute of Peruvian Studies publications , magazine Antropologica PUCP and publications of Carlos Eduardo Aramburu and Eduardo Fernandez, and knew that  the universe is  circular surrounded by rivers, with abundant hunting and fishing, myth of origin in Ashaninkas Peru, that refers to the ancient migrations, by rotation in agriculture,for  resources such as Cerro de la Sal, by the strengthening of family ties  and commercial relationship. And with Manuel Quimper I found promoters or shuris mainly women, families with certain extensiones of land and fruit, with claims joining the Ministry of Health. I found a native brother of a leader who had no land and who ran a health clinic, and found another boss lands and chug, than to health promotion in a more or less large area. And I found stories of the Summer Institute of Linguistics as Quipatsi - chiro, the girl with dirty hands or brochures Center  Amazonico Antrololgia Center and Application Practice on diarrhea, and found missionaries who invited me to his pilgrimage for  being  a doctor and my disposition and then found a child with snake bite injuries, with whom I shared those months half my per diem for lunch. Thus clinical research and epidemiology as science as a whole, has the enormous value of showing us that we ignore, and science is a huge commitment to build on a close reality and is an adventure to build and decostruir to allow its progress. And the stories are not stories are oral  books, unlike books are not individual experience, but living history, history experience, and the oral tradition must  be written in native language, in Spanish  and English, and promoters of health must belong economic, socially and culturally to their community, for health Promotion is to create conditions for change, and their instruments  are local participatory planning, Action and Research, and Education in health, community participation  and Citizenship  and rights 3rd generation are human rights and Inter-American Commission on Human Rights  and the last report of the Patient Advocacy and Blog of the Ombudsman. Therefore the time and history are not linear, it is spiral , and we live a myth, a Faith  and as they said the Greeks, health is body, mind, soul and Spirit, mind referring to emotions, feelings and soul referred to Spirit refered  to Community and social values. I just have the feeling of the actual wonderful, we nust merciful gaze to the West and dazzling against the divine.

2 comentarios:

  1. Qué tal, Doctor Quiñones?! Lo saludo desde Costa Rica. Disculpe, ¿hay alguna dirección de correo electrónico en la que yo pueda comunicarme con Ud? Soy periodista e historiador deportivo y me llamó la atención un dato mencionado en este texto; me gustaría poder conversarlo con Ud... ¿sería posible? De antemano le agradezco, ¡pura vida!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Mi email es pquinones69@yahoo.es Con mucho gusto y disculpe la demora. Saludos de Lima PERU

      Eliminar